The biggest country in the world

The biggest country in the world
The biggest country in the world
Anonim

There is no doubt that the largest country in the world in terms of area is Russia. Despite the collapse of the Soviet Union, she retained her leadership position. Indeed, it is impossible to imagine another power so great in scale. Moreover, Russia is the only state located in both Europe and Asia at the same time.

the biggest country

According to statistics for 2012, the population in Russia amounted to 143 million people, and the total area of ​​the state exceeds 17 million square kilometers. Such scale causes a huge stock of various minerals and other national we alth. For example, most of the freshwater sources are concentrated in Russia - what is Lake Baikal worth with a total area of ​​​​more than 30 thousand square kilometers! In addition, it is the largest country in the world in terms of reserves of valuable minerals such as oil and gas. And fertile chernozems provide Russian farmers with a rich harvest, however,climatic conditions are not always suitable for growing the desired varieties. The period of active productivity in Russian agriculture lasts no more than four months, while in Europe or America it can reach up to 9 months.

largest country in the world by area

However, the largest country in terms of population is China, because there are so many inhabitants in no other state. At the moment, there are about 1.2 billion people throughout the country. In contrast to such a convincing argument, many put Russia in first place in terms of the national composition of the population, because in this state you can meet representatives of more than 200 nationalities. A larger number are Russians (about 80%), the remaining 20% ​​are Tatars, Ukrainians, Chuvashs and many others. However, this statement can be safely challenged, because in reality the largest country in terms of national composition is India. Over 500 different peoples and tribes live on its territory.

largest country in europe

If you pay attention to the African continent, then in this case it is worth highlighting Sudan. In terms of area, it is indeed the largest country in Africa. At the same time, in terms of population, Sudan is far from a leader position, because vast deserts and savannas are spread over the vastness of this state. Local residents lead a rather isolated lifestyle, but trading activities are actively carried out in the south of the country. In small markets you can buy spices, try spicydishes, choose national decorations. Since the southern part of Sudan regained sovereignty, this state has given leadership to Algeria.

Many experts say that the title of "the largest country in Europe" belongs to Ukraine. This state was formed after the final collapse of the USSR. Its population is over 45 million people. Despite the fact that it is one of the largest countries in the European part of the continent, the situation in the Ukrainian economy remains quite tense. This state of affairs is explained by a difficult change of power, as well as by the global crisis. Only in the last decade there has been an improvement in the well-being of the population.

Popular topic