Table of contents:
- Natural conditions
- Economy of Nizhny Novgorod
- Industry of Nizhny Novgorod
- Industries of Nizhny Novgorod
- Most important businesses in the city
2023 Author: Henry Conors | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 12:05
Nizhny Novgorod is one of the major cities in the central part of European Russia. It is the administrative center of the Nizhny Novgorod Region and the Volga Federal District. This is one of the oldest cities in the country. It is located at the confluence of the Volga and Oka rivers. In the Soviet period it was called Gorky.
Nizhny Novgorod is located to the east of Moscow. The population is 1.26 million people. and the city ranks fifth in the country for this indicator. It also forms the Nizhny Novgorod agglomeration with a population of 2.09 million people. The area of Nizhny Novgorod is 411-467 km2.
The city is an important industrial, cultural, transport and economic center of Russia. River tourism, scientific and educational activities are also developed here. There are many attractions associated with the long history of this city. The industry of Nizhny Novgorod is highly developed.
The climate in Nizhny Novgorod is temperate continental, a little harsher,than in Moscow. Winters are quite cold and long, while summers are short and warm. Rainfall is moderate. In different parts of the city, temperatures and precipitation are not the same. The average annual air temperature is +4.8 degrees.
Economy of Nizhny Novgorod
Since Soviet times, the city has been developing as a major industrial center. One of the largest plants in the country, the Gorky Automobile Plant, is located here. Trade is traditionally developed. In terms of living standards, the city is in first place in Russia (in 2019). When determining it, various indicators were taken into account, including qualitative ones, so the estimates are rather subjective. In this regard, it is not surprising that, according to another organization, it did not even enter the top ten cities in the country.
Industry of Nizhny Novgorod
This is one of the main industrial centers of the country. The most important areas of production activity are metalworking and mechanical engineering. Automotive and shipbuilding are the most developed. The production of weapons has also been adjusted. Commercial enterprises play a significant role.
Industries of Nizhny Novgorod
The most developed areas of industrial production are:
- Metalworking and mechanical engineering. Various enterprises of the city are involved in this area.
- Energy industry.
- Food and light industry: champagne factory, dairy and meat plants, brewery, garment and shoe factories.
- Forest and agriculturalindustry (mainly logging and beekeeping).
- Chemical industry (production of plastics, resins, pesticides, etc.).
- Construction industry (production of reinforced concrete, glass, asph alt).
The functioning of the industry is controlled by the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Entrepreneurship of the Nizhny Novgorod Region.
Most important businesses in the city
The chemical industry of Nizhny Novgorod is represented by two large enterprises:
- Zavod "Nizhpharm" is one of the most famous manufacturers of pharmaceutical products in Russia.
- JSC "Orgsintez" is one of the most significant enterprises in the forestry and chemical industry of the country.
A lot of enterprises are involved in mechanical engineering. Among the largest:
- Gorky Automobile Plant. It was founded at the dawn of the Soviet era. Half of all trucks and 5 percent of passenger cars produced in the country are produced here. In addition, armored personnel carriers are produced.
- Nizhny Novgorod Engineering Plant. Produces artillery, equipment for the country's nuclear facilities.
- PJSC "Krasnoye Sormovo" - release of ships.
- NPO "Salyut" - production of radio-electronic products.
- JSC "Sokol" - release of civil and military aviation, including hovercraft.
- JSC "Hydromash" - production of hydraulic products and landing gear for aviation.
- JSC "Krasnaya Etna" - the largest manufacturer in the countrybolts, screws, autonormals.
- Nitel enterprise - manufacture of electronic equipment, including radar.
- ZAO RUMO is one of the country's most important manufacturers of compressors for gas pipelines and marine diesel engines. In addition, it produces refrigeration equipment, boilers, pumps.
- CJSC "Termal" - produces heaters for household appliances, ship and railway equipment.
Also in the city there are many enterprises for the production of building materials, a meat processing plant, a sausage factory, an oil and fat plant, woodworking enterprises and others. The food industry in Nizhny Novgorod is well developed.
The main energy enterprises are Avtozavodskaya CHPP, Nizhegorodskaya HPP, Sormovskaya CHPP. At the same time, there is a shortage of electricity in the region.
Thus, the industry of Nizhny Novgorod is very developed and represented by different sectors. Mechanical engineering is of particular importance. Many large enterprises are concentrated in the city. All this leads to good economic performance and is reflected in the standard of living of the population.
The Nizhny Novgorod Region is one of the administrative entities of the Russian Federation. It is part of the Volga Federal District. It is a fairly large region in terms of area when compared with other areas of the European territory of the country. Agriculture of the Nizhny Novgorod region is quite diverse, but in terms of development it lags behind many other regions of the Russian Federation
Russia is a large and strong state. It is not surprising that it is on the territory of this country that there is a huge number of the most powerful and largest enterprises on a global scale. In order to identify the largest companies in Russia, the statisticians had to do a difficult job, because the number of enterprises in our country is growing every year
Industrial production is the leading sector of the French economy. It accounts for more than 30% of the national GDP and half of all products exported by the state. Moreover, about 27% of all employed people in the country work in this area
In the modern structure of the national economy of Ukraine, energy occupies one of the leading places. This is the oldest branch of the Ukrainian economy. It is based on the combustion of fossil coal, gas, fuel oil, as well as the use of nuclear and natural energy from large rivers. What is the difference between the current state of energy in Ukraine? What are the main prospects for its development? Where are the largest power plants in the country located? You will find answers to all these questions in our article
Nizhny Novgorod is a very original city with its own unique way of life, however, in many respects similar to other large Volga cities. One way or another, he is one of those that Russia is rightfully proud of