Table of contents:
- Composition of TK
- Principles of Creation
- Creation process
- Acceptance and rejection of applications
- Deadline for applications
- Committee Activities
- Development of International Standards
- Development of interstate standards
- Technical committees for standardization in the Russian Federation: list
- Conclusion. Purpose and role of TK
The creation of technical committees for standardization is now being implemented by the relevant executive authority. When the Law "On Technical Regulation" came into force, reforms began to take place in the entire standardization system of the Russian Federation. First of all, this approach is dictated by the need to switch to the concepts of standardization, which have been adopted internationally. Thus, at present, it is important to change the status of the TC on standardization, the status of the standards themselves, the conditions for financing work related to standardization, as well as the corresponding goals and objectives.
Composition of TK
It is advisable to start with the fact that the TCS includes representatives of the executive bodies of statecorporations (for example, Rosatom corporations), executive authorities, executive authorities of municipal structures and subjects of the Russian Federation, scientific companies - even those that carry out activities in the field of standardization - performers, manufacturers, as well as public consumer associations. The activity of technical committees for standardization is connected with participation in the preparation of proposals related to the formation of the state policy of the Russian Federation in the field of standardization.
Principles of Creation
Having fully considered the concept and composition of the TMS, it is worth moving on to the next aspect. The creation of technical committees for standardization, as well as the formation of the corresponding compositions, is carried out by the relevant structure of the executive power. This takes into account a number of principles:
- The parties are en titled to equal representation.
- Participation is voluntary.
- Representatives of the TC for standardization approved the rule that compliance with the tasks and goals of standardization, which are spelled out in the third article of the above Federal Law, is a mandatory principle.
- The information regarding the forming technical committee should be open and available.
An application for the formation of a national technical committee for standardization in written or electronic form is drawn up by the applicant. This is done in the federal structure of executive power in the field of standardization. It is important to note,that only the persons named in the second part of this article can act as applicants. The federal body considers an application for the formation of a technical committee for standardization from 1 to 15 days. After that, he decides whether it is possible to create this committee. Please note that the application may be rejected. If the proposal related to the creation and further activities of a technical committee for standardization does not comply with the principles set out above, then the federal executive body in the field of standardization officially decides to reject the application for the formation of this structure.
Acceptance and rejection of applications
It often happens that the application may be rejected for one reason or another, which must subsequently be clearly explained. In case of rejection of the application, the corresponding decision is communicated to the applicant for the purpose of informing. It should be taken into account that in this case the executive authority of the federal level in the field of standardization must officially refuse to create and further work of the technical committee for standardization no later than within seven days after the adoption of this decision.
You need to know that the federal executive body somehow places a notice regarding the acceptance of applications for participation in the TCS on its official resource (website) on the Internet. It must be published no later than within 7 days after the decision was made on the possibility of forming a committee. Persons referred to in the second part of this article, during the period specified innotification of acceptance of applications for participation in the TC for standardization, should send these applications directly to the applicant. It is worth adding that the deadline for accepting applications is indicated in the corresponding notice. It cannot exceed 90 days, and also be less than 60 days from the date of publication of the notice. An application for participation in a technical committee for standardization according to GOST must contain a logical justification for the participation of a person who is an applicant as a member of the committee.
Deadline for applications
After the acceptance of applications for participation in the TCS is over, the applicant must send the received applications to the federal executive body in the field of standardization. In addition, the following list of documents is important in sending:
- Draft regulation on the formed technical committee for standardization based on the corresponding provision of the standard format. This provision must be approved by the relevant standardization authority.
- Draft of a sufficiently long-term program of activities of the structure being created.
- List of interstate (for interstate technical committees for standardization) and national (for national committees) codes of practice, standards and other standardization documentation. One way or another, they must act on the territory of the Russian Federation and fall within the competence of the structure being formed.
- List of regional and international standards that relate to competencethe created structure. These are regional and international technical committees for standardization, respectively.
Today, technical committees are involved in the development of international, regional or interstate standards. At the same time, the procedure for participation is established by the relevant structure of executive power. The Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology is responsible for organizing the participation of technical committees in the work of the International Organization for Standardization (abbreviated as ISO), the Interstate Council for Standardization, Metrology and Certification of the Commonwe alth of Independent States (abbreviated as IGU), as well as the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC for short).
Currently, the entire list of technical committees for standardization takes part in the creation of standards at both regional and international levels strictly according to agreements concluded by the Federal Agency with regional structures involved in standardization.
Development of International Standards
Next, it would be appropriate to consider in more detail the issue of participation in the development of international standards. To coordinate the work of the TCS, the Federal Agency organizes the activities of the secretariats of ISO and IEC strictly in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation regarding standardization. It is important to know,that as part of its participation in the creation of international standards, the technical committee implements the following activities:
- Provides contact with an expert in the process of preparing the RF position in accordance with the draft international standard.
- Sends to the secretariats of the Russian Committee, which is a member of IEC and ISO, proposals related to the candidacies of experts for activities in the technical structures of IEC and ISO.
- Sends to the secretariats of the Russian Committee, which is a member of IEC and ISO, proposals related to the development of draft international standards based on national level standards and internal standards of organizations.
- Deals with the organization of examination of international standards.
Development of interstate standards
Having fully considered the development of international standards, we should move to standards of the interstate type. Thus, in accordance with the proposals of the technical committees, the Federal Agency is engaged in the formation of the composition of experts in the continuously operating bodies of the IGU, scientific commissions and working groups strictly according to the legislation in force in the country regarding standardization. It is important to know that as part of their participation in the creation of standards at the interstate level, technical committees are engaged in the following activities:
- Submit proposals for interstate standardization to work program.
- Form both the first and final draft of the interstate standard.
- Conduct an examination of both the first and final versions of the project.
- Preparing a reasoned proposal related to the approval of the draft standard of the interstate level or its rejection.
- Fully ensure the participation of the representative of the Russian Federation in the meeting of the technical committee of the interstate composition.
Technical committees for standardization in the Russian Federation: list
Today, a large number of technical committees operate in Russia. Among them:
- Committee for all-Russian classifiers.
- Production plan services.
- Grain and its products.
- Pasta and bakery products.
- Premixes, animal feed, as well as protein-vitamin-mineral concentrates.
- Risk management.
- Medical equipment, apparatus and devices.
- Non-metal ore.
- Standardization methodology.
- Tools for Medical Affairs.
- Household electrical appliances.
- Power industry.
- Environmental economics and management.
- Information technology.
- Information services, communication services and management, construction and further operation of information technology facilitiesand connections.
- Gas and oil industry.
- Metrological support for the production and further accounting of energy resources, which can include both liquids and gases.
- Qualitative characteristics of organic fertilizers, soils and soils.
- Cryptographic protection of information.
- Water transport.
- Hydrogen technology.
- Equipment and machines for the processing and food industry, catering and trade.
- Lubricants and petroleum fuels.
- Electromagnetic compatibility of technical instruments.
Conclusion. Purpose and role of TK
As it turned out, after the Federal Law "On Technical Regulation" came into force, the national standardization system began to be reformed. The status of the relevant committees, standards, funding conditions, as well as the main goals and objectives of standardization have changed. Today, leading experts and, of course, scientists of interested structures, consumers (in other words, customers), product manufacturers, developers, organizations and bodies for standardization, certification, metrology and engineering societies are involved in the activities of the committees. It is important to recall that the formation of technical committees is implemented on a voluntary basis to organize and further carry out work related to the standardization of certain types of product, service or technology.
Above, we examined in detail what interstate, international and national committees do. Howeverit is advisable to note the general functions they perform:
- Organization of the development and revision of current standards in a particular field of activity, preparation of proposals for the program.
- Ensuring the harmonization of Russian standards (in other words, organizing the compliance of national and interstate standards with international ones), including promoting the adoption of standards.
- Analysis of draft Russian standards, including organization of development or examination, submission for approval to the NSS or preparation of proposals regarding the rejection of drafts. In other words, standardization technical committees approve projects.
- Cooperation with technical committees in related fields. It is important to note that this function involves ensuring the complexity of work related to standardization.
- Fully ensuring the interests of the Russian Federation in case of interaction with similar technical committees of the regional, foreign or international level. Participation in the work of an ISO or IEC TC, as well as in the activities of an interstate type TC.
- Participation in the development of international standards (as a rule, through consideration of their drafts) and assistance in the adoption of Russian standards as international.
- Interaction with federal and other executive authorities, as well as with various structures and individuals.
- Organizing or conducting an examination of current draft standards (respectively, at the suggestion of organizations).
The main task of any TCis to promote the progress of the national standardization system. The statutory fund of the technical committee has the right to dispose of its working body (in other words, a public structure that has a Regulation and a Charter). This body implements the program of work, which is adopted by the technical committee, and also decides on funding issues. The working capital of a technical committee can be formed in three ways: from the profit from the sale of intellectual property; from grants of firms and organizations of international level; from third party sources taking the initiative.
In conclusion, it is worth considering the criteria for the performance of technical committees of their functions. This includes the implementation of requirements related to the safety of technical regulations in the process of developing standards. In addition, of particular importance is the expert opinion from the NOS on the developed national standards, as well as the presumption of compliance with the current safety requirements of the standards. And, finally, the criteria that are presented by individual social groups or society as a whole are very important. They are evident in the implementation of the principle corresponding to the openness of the formation of standards.